Grape Leaf Rice Balls
Seeing recipes for various kinds of rice balls,
I thought of a rice ball made from the Middle Eastern ingredient of grape leaves. I played around with it and came up with one that was actually very tasty. I used brown rice, but you can use white, brown, or whatever you have in your pantry. These tasty little nuggets can be served with plain yogurt or tzatziki sauce. You could also put a couple on top of a green salad for a different flavor!
Try them – they are so easy and so tasty.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 Tbs tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Cook rice according to the package instructions. While the rice is cooking, saute the onions and garlic in the 1 Tbs of olive oil until tender, 5 -7 minutes. Add the cooked rice, onions and garlic in a large mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- With a large cookie scoop, or your hands, roll into balls and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
CopyRight Middle Eastern Dishes .com
Did you like this? Share it: