A blueberry and bulgur salad
is a great summer salad that uses fresh blueberries that makes a delightful pop. The English cucumbers and red onion gives the dish added crunch. The bulgur wheat in this blueberry and bulgur salad gives it nice chewy texture and beautifully absorbs the flavors of the lemon vinaigrette. This is a very versatile salad. Fresh mint may be substituted for the fresh parsley. Halved grape tomatoes may be substituted for the cucumber or dried cranberries for the blueberries. Or, make up your own combination! Adding diced grill chicken make this a nice light summer dinner.
Bulgur and Blueberry Salad
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups cracked bulgur wheat (medium grade)
- 3/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a small sauce pan or tea kettle. In a large mixing bowl, pour the boiling water over the bulgur. Let stand, covered for about 25 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed. Place the parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Use a fork to fluff the bulgur. Add the dressing, cucumber, blueberries and onion to the bulgut. Toss to combine.
CopyRight Middle Eastern Dishes .com
Try this delightful salad and enjoy as a great summer side dish. It is a great crowd pleaser and great for potlucks.
Did you like this? Share it: