Stuffed Shells With Meat
This recipe came to me when I saw many stuffed shells that are of an Italian theme, so I thought of changing it into stuffed shells with meat of a Middle Eastern flavor. The stuffing for these is a variation of a meat stuffing for grape leaves, peppers and squash. This makes a lot and makes for great leftovers. It is also a great potluck dish. Turn on some nice music, or put in a good movie while you make the stuffed shells with meat, it is easy and tastes great!
Middle Eastern Dishes Stuffed Shells With Meat
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup fresh flat parsley, chopped
- 2 16 oz cans tomato sauce, divided
- 2 large lemons, juiced, divided
- 1 box large pasta shells
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the ground beef and onion together until no longer pink.
- Cook the rice and pasta shells according to the package instructions. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together with one of the cans of tomato sauce and half of the lemon juice. When the pasta shells are cool enough to handle, fill each one with the meat mixture and place into a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Put the other can of tomato sauce and the remaining lemon juice in a 4 cup measuring cup. Put in enough water to measure 3 cups. Pour over the stuffed shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
CopyRight Middle Eastern Dishes .com
Did you like this? Share it: