A light refreshing pita salad for summer
It has a healthy light lemony dressing. It is also very versatile. It can be stuffed into a pita pocket or served with toasted pieces of pita bread crumbled on top. The light lemony dressing goes perfectly with this pita salad. Served with shredded cooked chicken, or chopped grilled chicken, this salad makes a nice lunch or dinner on a warm summer day.
- 2 4 inch pita bread
- 3 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- For the toasted pita pockets - place the bread on a sheet pan in a 450 degree oven. Toast for 3 - 5 minutes. Turn and toast the other side for a couple of minutes. The bread should be very crisp, but not charred. Break into bite size pieces. In a large salad bowl, mix together the salad ingredients. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour over the salad and toss to mix well. Top with the pita chips.
CopyRight Middle Eastern Dishes .com
Other grilled proteins also go well with this salad such as salmon or shrimp.
Did you like this? Share it: