Yummy Stuffed mini peppers
These beauties came as an idea from the large version of stuffed peppers, but as stuffed mini peppers to be an appetizer. The stuffing is almost the same as the stuffing for grape leaves, squash or other dolmas. They are small and make for a great appetizer or side dish. Depending on the color of the mini peppers, it can be a very colorful dish.
Middle Eastern Dishes Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce, divided
- 1 large lemon, juiced and divided
- Mini sweet peppers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off the tops of the mini peppers and carefully remove the ribs and the seeds. Set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together with a fork, the remaining ingredient. In this mixture, use 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce and 1/2 of the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Stuff the mini peppers with the meat mixture, until gone. (The number of mini sweet peppers will depend on their size. Place the stuffed mini peppers in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix together in a 2 cup measuring cup, the remaining 8 oz can of tomato sauce and lemon juice. Add enough water to measure 2 cups. Pour over the stuffed mini peppers. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
CopyRight Middle Eastern Dishes .com
Try these as an appetizer or side dish to see how tasty and simple they are!
Did you like this? Share it: